Get Started (new customers)

Don't know the ID #?

You can now send money to your incarcerated loved ones in Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) facilities!

Send Money

Send Money

Send the funds your inmate needs

When you send money with JPay, you can rest assured that your inmate will have the funds they need to get by inside. Transfers are quick and completely secure, and can be made from the convenience of your home computer, phone, or any MoneyGram agent location nationwide.

Your funds, faster

Payments and Money Transfers post to the facility the next business day, or sooner*. The online system accepts credit cards for money transfer transactions, making JPay the quickest and most convenient way to get funds to your incarcerated loved one. Setting up an account is free, and the rates for sending money are competitive.

The easy way to send money

JPay makes sure that the money transfer process is as seamless as possible, both for you and for your inmate. Whether you are funding a commissary or 'spendable' inmate trust account or a dedicated purpose account, your inmate will be able to access that money quickly. Recurring payments are available, and you can send money to multiple inmates where permitted.

JPay also provides a quick and easy way to send money using a money order. For many facilities and agencies, you can send a money order directly to the JPay Money Order Lockbox, where it will be processed electronically. Learn more about the JPay Money Order Lockbox here.

Federal Bureau of Prisons

JPay now offers money transfer and payments to all Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) facilities online at, through the free JPay mobile app for iPhone and Android, in-person at MoneyGram agent locations, or by calling 1-800-574-5729. Here’s how to get started:

  1. Know your loved one’s Federal inmate ID (FBOP Register Number) and the accurate spelling of their first and last names. You can find their FBOP Register Number using the FBOP inmate locator

  2. On or the JPay mobile app, click on Inmate Search

  3. Select “District of Columbia” under the state and enter your loved one’s inmate ID/FBOP Register Number

  4. You’ll be redirected to a new webpage – click on the “Federal Bureau of Prisons” link at the bottom of the page

  5. On the new webpage, type your loved one’s first and last names, and enter their FBOP Register Number in the “Inmate ID” field

  6. You’ll then be redirected to create a JPay account or log into your current account

  7. Then you can begin sending money

*Please note, payment availability varies according to each agency and depositor verification.

Get Started

Friends and Family Forum