Once you have purchased stamps you can send emails to the inmate/offender you want. Your emails will be delivered in one or two business days but never on weekends or holidays.
- Not all services are available for all facilities. To know what services a facility allows go to the Availability and Pricing page and search for the facility you want.
- Make sure you have selected the correct inmate/offender for the service you want. On the JPay home page, in the Inmate/Offender list, select the inmate/offender you want.
- Make sure you are logged in to use the JPay services.
To send email
- On the JPay home page, on the Navigation menu, click Email.
- On the Compose page, enter the content for your email.
- You can then attach one of the following:
- Click Send to send your email. If you do not see the Send button then you have not bought enough stamps for the email you want to send.
Before you send your email you may preview it by clicking on the Preview button. This shows your email as a pdfPortable Document Format.
Note: You can pre-pay a reply for the inmate/offender by selecting the Include a pre-paid reply for the Inmate checkbox. This selection will send one stamp to the inmate that they may use to reply to you.
Before sending email you must first buy stamps. Click here to learn about buying stamps.
You can check your previously sent emails online. Click here to learn about checking your sent emails.