About sending money

You can send money to an inmate/offender's commissary/spendable account through the Send Money page. An inmate/offender can then use this money for several different things such as restitution payments. There are several ways to send money to an inmate/offender.

Ways to send money

Online payments

You can send money to an inmate/offender online using JPay.com. Click here to learn about sending money online.

If you will be sending money on a regular basis you may want to send the money as a recurring payment. Click here to learn about activating recurring payments.

Over the phone

To send money to an inmate/offender over the phone just call: 1-800-574-5729.


If you wish to send cash you can use MoneyGram. MoneyGram has many convenient locations nationwide.

The following establishments will always have MoneyGram services:

You will need:

You can visit the MoneyGram website to find locations near you: www.moneygram.com.

Money Order

In some states you can send money to an inmate/offender using JPay's money order service. Make sure the coupon you download corresponds to the state where you will be sending the money order.

You will need:

Make sure to send the cashier's check or money order along with the JPay coupon to the proper address, corresponding to the facility your inmate/offender is in.

Note: In Indiana you must be on the inmate’s approved visitor list before a money order can be accepted.

Lobby kiosk

Lobby kiosks may be found at the facility where your individual is located. You can use a credit card at the lobby kiosk to send funds to them. Check the Availability & Pricing page to see if the facility contains lobby kiosks.